The Advanced Acting Technique stage is the third and final stage of the Meisner Acting Course at the Actors Door Studio.
Students who successfully complete Acting Technique II, may apply to join this final stage of training.
Advanced Acting Technique (AAT) is a 40 week (approx. 10 month) course, taught over 5 terms. You can book and pay for the course in 5 instalments, on a term by term basis.
The focus of the third stage, is characterisation.
“Characterisation, is central to developing three dimensional characters and giving powerful, believable performances on stage and screen.”
Each week you will progressively learn how to develop compelling and truthful characters so that the characters you play are as ‘real’ on stage and screen, as you are in your everyday life.
During this stage, you will also learn how to apply skills in character development to scene work and monologues.
Preparation time outside of class is essential.
To finish Stage 3 / Advanced Acting, students need to successfully complete the core ‘modules’ that are taught over the Advanced stage.
To join AAT you need to have successfully completed Acting Technique II at the Actors Door Studio. You will not ordinarily be accepted into this program unless you have trained with us here at the Actors Door Studio, at least from ATII onwards.
MEISNER COURSE LONDON, ADVANCED : LEARNING OUTCOMES
When you complete Advanced Acting Technique course, you will:
- Have gained a deeper insight into your own character.
- Have learnt to understand character as a sustained mode of behaviour or ‘point of view about the world’.
- Have performed Spoon Rivers
- Know how to apply key character development techniques to scene work & monologues.
- Have learnt how to give your characters a past and future so that they appear ‘real’ on stage & screen.
- Be eligible to Graduate from the Actors Door Studio!
- Be eligible to take part in the Final Year Showcase