SCREEN ACTING CLASSES
The Actors Door Studio runs weekly Drop in Screen Acting Classes to help actors practice essential screen acting skills on camera. The classes run like mini workshops, with a small number of participants taking part in each session. (Max 4 students per 1hr slot).
Students benefit from ‘hands-on’, ‘on-camera’ practice, under the guidance of the tutor.
Each week students will be able to:
- Gain confidence on camera
- Practice ‘performing’ in front of the group
- Increasingly overcome nerves and performance anxiety
- Put to the test various camera acting techniques
- Test out different characters
- Gain on-screen body and facial awareness
- Train in emotional continuity
- Practice Auditioning skills
The weekly nature of the classes will enable you to grow as a screen actor. You can take as many of the classes as you wish. You will gain maximum benefit from taking the classes weekly.
(If you’d like a copy of your self tape, please bring an SD card with you).
WANT TO BOOK THESE CLASSES FOR £12.50?
Purchase a 10 CLASS PACK and book the next screen acting class at a reduced price.
The classes are currently open to ADS students AND NON-ADS students. There are currently no additional requirements to join the classes. If you are an absolute newcomer to screen acting, the tutor will take the time to instruct you before stepping in front of the camera. If you are an experienced screen actor, the sessions will be very beneficial in helping you hone-in on your screen acting skills.
You may bring your own 1-2 page scene to practice in the class, or use one of our pre-selected scenes to work from.
SCREEN ACTING CLASSES: LEARNING OUTCOMES
As you move take the classes, you will have:
- Practiced techniques to help you improve your on-screen performances.
- Learnt to apply key relationship and character development techniques to your on-screen performance.
- Improved technical aspects of screen acting such as staging, continuity, internal monologues etc.
- Gained deeper insight into your ‘screen presence’. This will help you identify your ‘brand’ and suggests ways to you for marketing yourself.
- Improved your auditioning skills.
- Learnt how to develop your characters further so that they appear ‘real’ on screen.