SCREEN ACTING COURSE: BEGINNERS
The Actors Door Studio is dedicated to providing comprehensive tuition in screen acting technique. Great screen performances are achieved through application of highly specialised camera acting skills. These skills are perfected through continuous application and practice.
But which skills are required to practice? And how should one practice them?
The Screen Acting Course for Beginners, has been developed for stage actors who are new to the screen, and for aspiring actors who are at the beginning of their acting training.
The Course covers essential topics in Monologue, Duologues, Staging, Facial Awareness, Auditioning and Self Taping. The classes run like mini workshops that involve a theoretical component, instruction, discussion, and plenty of on-camera practice sessions and playback for each participant.
In addition, participants will learn about how to analyse scripts effectively, and will be shown useful tips and exercises to build confidence in interacting with the camera.
Through specially developed exercises and work in front of the camera, participants will develop a set of tools to enhance and shape their performance for the screen.
Students will receive a copies of their clips and scenes every week, giving them a chance to keep track of their progress as they proceed through the course.
Each week we will cover different topics, all important aspects of camera acting. These include:
- Working Monologues
- Working Duologues and on-screen relationships
- Confidence building exercises
- On-screen body and facial awareness
- Audition, Self-taping, Cold Reading
- Filming duologues, playback and video analysis
The classes are currently open to ADS students AND NON-ADS students. There are currently no additional requirements to join the classes. If you are an absolute newcomer to screen acting, the teacher will take the time to instruct you in basic script/scene analysis before stepping in front of the camera. If you are an experienced stage actor, the teacher will help you learn how to apply existing acting skills and training you may have, to the screen.
SCREEN ACTING COURSE, BEGINNERS: LEARNING OUTCOMES
As you move through the classes, you will have:
- Gained an appreciation of the differences between stage and screen acting.
- Learnt critical script analysis techniques
- Learnt useful techniques and tips to help improve screen acting and on-camera confidence skills
- Learnt how to apply screen skills to monologues and duologues.
- Trained in Cold Reading, Audition and Self-taping technique.
- Formed an appreciation of how to develop and continue improving on effective screen skills.
- Once students complete the course, they will find it useful to attend the Screen Acting Course with Fay Beck.